Dr. Nilesh has been working as a specialist Surgical Gastroenterologist since 1997 at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center. Our Department of Surgical Gastroenterology is nationally and internationally recognised as a Center for tertiary care in this specialty and as a training centre for the 3year postgraduate degree course in Surgical Gastroenterology awarded by the National Board in Delhi. Apart from providing a service for relatively simple problems like Gallstone disease, we are referred patients from all over India and neighboring countries for treating complex GI problems like Recurrent abdominal sepsis, Liver and Pancreas surgeries, Reoperative abdominal surgery, and Gastrointestinal Cancers.
We have an academic multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of these problems with well trained Anesthetists, Intensive care physicians, Endoscopy services and Interventional Radiology services to ensure outcomes at par with the leading international centers.
Area of expertise
- Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver and Pancreatic Resections
- Acute and Chronic pancreatitis
- Reoperative surgery, especially Repair of Bile duct injury at cholecystectomy
- Surgery for Portal hypertension
- Surgery in chronic liver disease
- Gastrointestinal cancers
Fellowships and Memberships
Fellowship in Hepatobiliary Surgery at Mayo Clinic
Awards and Achievements
- Gold Medal in General Surgery from the University of Mumbai
- TopDoc award 3 years in a row voted by peers as Best doctor in the specialty in Mumbai