Dr. Sanjay Singh Negi
Dr. Sanjay Singh Negi
Dr. Sanjay Singh Negi has the distinction of being the pioneer of establishing successful liver transplant programme in the public sector and initiating the only MCI accredited MCh course in HPB Surgery. He has been conferred with FACS, i.e, Fellow Of American College of Surgeons. He has regularly published in international journals with high Impact Factor. His work is well acknowledged in international community as shown by his active participation in various meetings and nomination as member of the editorial board and reviewer of reputed journals. He is an accomplished Laparoscopic, Hepato-Pancreato Biliary and Liver Transplant surgeon. In recognition of his contribution to the field of Transplantation Surgery, he has been awarded Honorary Diploma in Transplantation Surgery by the European Board of Surgery in collaboration with the European Society of Organ Transplantation. In this regards, he is the first Indian to be conferred such an honorary award.
Presently working as a Sr. Consultant & Director in HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
He is an alumnus from G B Pant Hospital, where he completed his MCh in Surgical Gastroenterology in 2000. He further underwent advanced training in Hepato-Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation at centres of excellence in the field like Asan Medical Centre (Korea) and Florence Nightingale Hospital (Turkey). He then worked in GB Pant Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences as a faculty. He has over a decade of experience in managing Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Pancreato Biliary diseases.
HPB Surgery, GI Oncology and Liver Transplant
Fellowships and Memberships
Member Editorial Board
Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research
Reviewer of International Journals
British Journal of Surgery
Digestive and Liver Disease
Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
Membership of Societies
American College of Surgeons
International Liver Transplantation Society
Australasian Pancreatic Club
International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists
International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (Indian Chapter)
Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
Indian Society of Gastroenterology
Association of Surgeons of India
Indian Association of Surgical Oncology Indian Medical Association
Awards and Achievements
- Delivered Dr Ramesh Nigam Memorial Oration 2012 at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Kolkata (India), December 2012
- Awarded Healthcare Leadership Award 2012 in recognition of his outstanding contribution in promoting inclusive healthcare by Knowledge Resource Development & Welfare Group at New Delhi, November 2012.
- Awarded Honorary European Diploma in Transplantation Surgery (FEBS) awarded by Division of Transplantation of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the European Board of Surgery (EBS) which work in close collaboration with the European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT) at Romania, September 2012. (First Indian to get such an honorary award).
- Awarded Smt. Rajalaxmi Ramachandran Memorial Trophy and Medal for Junior Resident in Surgery for exemplary devotion to duty for the year 1995-96 at Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi (India).
- Awarded Dr. Dhume Memorial Gold Medal for second best graduate of the year 1993 at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Awarded prizes for best performance in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, ENT and Ophthalmology at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Granted scholarships by Dalmia Trust and Brihad Bhartiya Samaj from December 1988 to December 1992 for pursuing M.B.B.S degree course at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).