What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation otherwise called hair reclamation is a surgery that reap hair in a bald or diminishing zone of scalp by taking the hair grafts from the region that still has hair intact in the place. The zone from where hair unites are acquired is known as the hair bearing region—the donor region, which is typically the sides and back of the head and where the culled grafts are reaped through transplantation is the recipient territory, which has turned out to be bare or potentially meagre because of male pattern baldness.
The Hair transplantation medical procedure has been in existence since the 1950s in the U.S and has been changing numerous heads from bare to densely packed hair head. Be that as it may, the procedure has developed a considerable measure lately, taking follicular clusters of hair in one-go, and delivering promising permanent results. There was a time when just men fall prey to male pattern baldness and going bald, yet the hanging way of life has made ladies obvious objective as well and they are experiencing hair diminishing, sparseness and alopecia much like men, in actuality more.
How is hair transplant performed?
- 1. In the underlying advance of the Hair Transplant Surgery, hair follicles from the back of the head are relocated and moved to the going bald territories.
- 2. Firstly, the specialist cleans your scalp. Before starting the hair transplantation, the hairs in the giver territory are trimmed and anaesthesia is infused to numb the back of your head.
- 3. With FUSS, the specialist takes off 6-to 10-inch piece of skin tissue that contains the bare safe hair follicles from the back of your head. The strip is put aside, the donor zone is sutured, and the scalp is sewn for conclusion. This area is quickly secured with the hair around it.
- 4. Next, the removed strip of scalp is separated into 500 to 2,000 tiny grafts, each with an individual hair or only a group of hairs. The sort and number of join you get commonly relies upon your hair type, quality, colour, and the span of baldness for scope with transplant.
- 5. In case you're decided for FUE strategy, the specialist will shave the back of your scalp to expel hair follicles one by one from that point. The site mends with little cuts, which your outstanding hair will cover up.
- 6. After this point, the two methods are same. After the grafts are set up by specialist's group, the recipient area (where the hair will be collected) is cleaned and desensitized.
- 7. The specialist in participation with group at that point makes incisions or holes with a surgical tool or needle, and delicately plants each graft in one of the holes. The opening imprints recuperate normally and the redness in the beneficiary zone vanishes itself in 7-10days.
- 8. Contingent upon the size of restoration you’re getting, the procedure will take roughly 4 to 8 hours. You may require another system later on the off chance that you need thicker hair.
The hair restored by hair transplantation acts like normal hair and falls between two to a month took after by transplant. The roots from that point start growing hair naturally and keep on doing so for a lifetime. Administration of anaesthesia makes it an effortless system and the patient can return home that day. Hair transplant is completely different from the non-invasive hair transplantation in which a pre-chosen base is fixed on scalp with agility. The outcomes from the methodology differ from individual to individual and are connected to person's common hair quality as well.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR HAIR RESTORATION?
1. FUT Hair Treatment: - FUT likewise called Strip Surgery is a hair transplantation system that comprises of removing a strip of tissue with hair from the hair-bearing donor region, which is the back and sides of the head. The hair follicles are then transplanted from this strip in the recipient area which is the region with the scanty hair and baldness by the clinical team.
2. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): - In FUE hair transplant, every hair follicle is removed from the donor region utilizing a little punch. This surgical hair rebuilding is rehashed to the same number of times till adequate follicular units are embedded for hair restoration. The follicular units are then reaped in the required recipient area which is/are set up ahead of time by utilizing a surgical blade or a fine needlepoint device.
3. Body Hair Transplant (BHT):- This is another most commonly used hair transplantation technique to restore hair where the donor area is stretched from scalp to chest, abdomen, legs and other body areas. Using hair most commonly from other body areas such as the chest, beard, legs and abdomen, it provides dense packed scalp and hair line. In several cases hair from axilla, pubic area, and other area are also put to use as the donor in order to provide hair growth and to thicken the existing scalp hair or to fill hair where there is none. BHT is a procedure formulated to restore hair most commonly lost due to heredity hair loss issues, laser hair removal, prior electrolysis, or even surgical scar fixation, and/or other types of accidents.
Some people look to have restored only a large amount of coverage, or filling-in of a large area, for them the thick chest, legs and central abdomen area are used to achieve maximum density. While for those looking for a less amount of coverage, or filling-in of a limited area, the central chest or pubic triangle area hair are used.
The procedure is also used to cover body areas that have scanty hair. Some people seek to have a thick beard, moustache, eyebrows, eyelashes or hairy chest, for those the procedure works suitably.
4. Robotic Hair Transplant:- This method of hair transplantationis a significant surgical advancement in the technology of the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure. The Robotic Hair transplant incorporates an “ARTAS Robotic System” that automatically harvests the follicular unit grafts, allowing a FUE hair restoration to be conducted with unmatched precision.
The major benefit of getting FUE over traditional hair restoration are leaving no linear scar behind in the donor area and having no post-operative restrictions over physical activities.
5. Direct Hair Implantation (DHI):- During a Direct Hair Implantation (DHI), the hair follicles in the recipient area are directly harvested one by one to the balding and thinning sites that require to be fulfilled. DHI enables to implant each hair follicle in a particular direction, depth, and angle. The credits of precision goes to the DHI patented instrument— the DHI implanter, giving 100% natural outcomes and highest viability. The harvested hairs via ‘DHI’ continue to grow throughout an individual’s lifetime and do not shed off.
The DHI hair transplant procedure is conducted by doctors certified and trained by the DHI Hair Restoration Academy, the one and only Academy in the world under strict DHI quality standardization concordats in hair transplantation, that they ensure great results every time.
6. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP):- The ‘state of the art’, ‘safest’, ‘non surgical’, ‘completely natural’, kind of hair restoration technique in which the patient’s own blood is first taken, centrifuged and then injected into the scalp with a thin needle. The blood plasma (PRP) consists of active growth factors which helps in encouraging natural hair growth, fuller hair volume, and healthier looking head of natural hair. The processed blood called the Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) blood, contains rich in certain growth factors, proteins and minerals is injected into the scalp to perform their requisite job in your blood cells of promoting naturally stimulated hair growth.
The PRP procedure of Hair Restoration is suitable for both men and women. The injectable PRP treatment which uses the patient’s own blood is a great medical procedure substitute used for the treatment of baldness, hair loss and hair thinning.
7. Mesotherapy:- Mesotherapy treatment is a non surgical cosmetic solution aimed at replenishing hair loss in both men and women. It is injected through injections containing different types of FDA approved medicines, minerals and vitamins. The procedure was primarily introduced for removing/reducing issues areas in your body such as excess weight, body contouring, face/neck rejuvenation, cellulite and eliminating pain, just to name a few.
8. Scalp Micro pigmentation:- Scalp Micro pigmentation also commonly termed as medical scalp and/or hairline tattooing is one of the promising non-surgical options of hair transplantation which is suitable for both men and women. For females, it works more like a scalp grooming; meaning that it can help fill area of scantiness and hollow temples. Females with complete bald heads are not a good candidate of pigmentation procedure.
The non-surgical life-changing hair restoration treatment uses natural pigments that are applied at the epidermal level of the scalp to camouflage the natural appearance of real hair follicles or manes – depending on your hair thinning extent, and expected look.
Commitment to the aftercare guidelines from your hair transplant specialist is one of the key factors that will establish the success of your hair transplant methodology. Focusing on aftercare directions precisely will likewise decrease your recovery time, limit your danger of contamination, and keep comfort level to the most. Once your scalp has completely recovered, you'll be able to relish the hair restoration results. The transplanted hairs will grow normally, much the same as the terminal hair.
- 1. Pain medicines will be prescribed, yet you won't require them for more than 48hours. Dozing medicine will be endorsed for initial 3 evenings. Try not to skip on these pharmaceuticals as it will enable you to have stress free and calm period which is genuinely necessary for a fruitful hair transplant.
- 2. Normal and appropriate cleansing of the scalp is must post medical procedure. The shampooing looks after cleanliness, remove dirt, oil, and blood and will softly remove the 'scabs' or "outside layers" that shape over the recipient sites. If done as suggested by the specialist, shampooing won't aggravate or disturb your grafts, as feared by numerous patients. Proper hygiene further promotes normal shedding of transplanted hairs that occur before they start their new," relocated" growth phase.
- 3. Keep the donor and recipient region moist in order to encourage quick healing. Saline solution spray allows relieving you of itching in the grafts that you experience in the first few days.
- 4. Try not to scratch or fiddle in the donor area since it can incite injury. Some sort of disturbance or irritation in the scalp for a few days is typical after the hair transplant. Harsh rubbing and scratching with the fingernails at the back and sides of the scalp can an easily dislodge grafts, but more notably, loses one or more of those precious hairs before they can have a chance to grow.
- 5. Try not to consume liquor or any mixed drinks for next 3 days following the hair transplant. Liquor may cause diminishing of blood and even bleeding at the graft site.
- 6. Try not to smoke for no less than month post medical procedure as it could meddle with the blood-stream to your hair follicles. A proper Blood flow is highly essential for the development of new hair, all things considered, stopping smoke is shockingly better to fasten development of your hair.
- 7. Try not to include in strenuous activities, for example, weight lifting, running, cycling, and different games like baseball, golf and so on for no less than seven days following strategy as these may result in loss of grafts and bleeding, as well as severe swelling around forehead and eyes.
- 8. Don’t have excessive exposure to direct sunlight immediately after few days of the procedure, particularly if the scalp is swollen. Wear a hat or cover your head properly if daytime outgoing is unavoidable.
- 9. Try not to include in any assignment that prompts excessive sweating. Sweat scale the danger of infection.
- 10. Don't twist around, lean forward, lift heavy articles or blow out your nose thoroughly on the primary week after medical procedure to abstain from bleeding and swelling. Keep your upper body and head lifted, particularly when sleeping.
- 11. Try not to swim in chlorinated water for at least7 days and salty water for 3 days after the medical procedure.
- 12. Use the hair care items, for example, the cleanser, conditioner, and replenisher as prescribed after your surgeries.
- 13. Religiously follow the check-up sessions in which the surgical site examination will be performed. Suture removal will be performed 7-10 days after surgery.