Dr. S. K. Sogani
Dr. S. K. Sogani
He is an ambitious and dynamic visionary. After completing his M.B.B.S (1975) and M.S. (General Surgery) (in 1980) from Jiwaji University, Gwalior, he moved over to New Delhi in 1980 to pursue Neuro-Surgery course at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He started his career in 1983, when he completed his super-specialization from Department of Neuro-Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has since then practiced as a neurosurgeon excelling in his field.
He has worked as senior consultant Neurosurgeon at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital since 1984-1999 and at present he is a senior consultant Neurosurgeon at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi since July 1999 till date. He is also involved in teaching DNB Neurosurgery candidates.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association
- Life Member of Neurological Society of India
- Life Member of Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology
- Life Member of Trauma Society of India
- Member of Society of Neuro-Oncology, USA
Awards and Achievements
- PRIDE OF INDIA Gold Award (1992)
- INDIRA GANDHI PRIYADARSHINI award (1992)
- RAJIV GANDHI EXCELLENCE Award (1991)
- Jain Gaurav Award in 1991,1999
- UtkrastSamajSevi Award,
- He has delivered over 200 lectures
- Chaired a number of National & International Conferences
His contribution to the field of medicine and to the society has been acknowledged a numerous times. In his over 30 years of practice as a neurosurgeon he has been awarded with numerous awards, to name a few with the PRIDE OF INDIA-Gold Award in 1992, the INDIRA GANDHI PRIYADARSHINI award in the year 1992, the RAJIV GANDHI EXCELLENCE Award in 1991. His community service has also been recognized with such awards as Jain Gaurav Award in 1991, 1999, Utkrast Samaj Sevi Award, Samaj Seva Pratibha Samman, and many others.
His special interest in the field of Neurosurgery for Brain Tumours, Spinal Tumours, surgery for backache Head injury and Micro Neurosurgery and surgery for brain strokes.
His expertise and special interests include
- Intracranial Surgery- Brain Tumors, Aneurysm, Base of Skull Surgery, Endoscopic Trans-Sphenoidal Pituitary Tumor Surgery, Brain Hematoma and Life Saving Stroke Surgery.
- Spine Surgery – specially Disc Prolapse and Spine Tumors.
- Emergency Trauma Surgery of Brain & Spine