Dr. Ramesh Sarin
Dr. Ramesh Sarin
A.i) Accidents and Emergency
ii) Thoracic and Cardio- vascular Surgery.
iv) Peadiatric and Endrocrine Surgery.
Apart from the above, as an Assistant Professor ant first, and subsequently as an Associate Professor, for the last eight years, worked independently and managed all kinds of surgical operations, including elective, emergency, major and minor. Some very difficult surgery includes radical ablative surgery to total oesophagogastrectomy, hepatectomy, chest wall excision and repairs, etc. Besides, have similar surgical, accident and emergency experience for several years in UK and USA.
B.Officer – in – charge for Accident and Emergency Service from 1977 to 1979, and before this assisting running of the Casualty Department . Helped in planning and execution of new emergency operating complex for quick disposal of accident and emergency patients requiring surgical treatment.
C.Have had a very wide exposure and have gained experience in all aspects of cancer treatment be it surgical, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, nutrition or radiotherapy. Based on this experience, have organized three active clinics-cum-boards at the Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital,
D.Organised Breast Cancer Clinic in the Department of Surgery. Here a regular follow-up, including adjuvant and therapeutic chemotherapy treatment is being given to all patients with breast cancer.
E.Have drawn protocols for different treatment modalities, including chemotherapy for patients with cancer for the Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Association of Surgeons of India.
- Endocrine Society of India.
- Indian Association of Cancer Chemotherapists.
- Oncology Section of Association of Surgeons of India – Member of Governing Body.
- Indian Society of Clinical Oncology – Honorary Joint Secretary
Awards and Achievements
- Invited to visit the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, as a visiting investigator and Special Fellow in Surgery for August 1979 to August 1980.
- Visited center for Medical Education, University of Dundee in Scotland, in September 1981, under the sponsorship of the Government of U.K.
- Visiting Professor in Surgery at the Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai.
- Visiting Lecturer on Oestrogen Receptors in Breast by Banaras University.
- Participated in the symposium on Hormones and Cancer by Associated of Physicians of India.
- Delivered keynotes address in Surgical Teachers Convention at Kanpur, under the auspices of the University and National Academy of Medical Sciences, in March 1982.
- Guest Speaker on Teaching Methods in Life Sciences organized by the University in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Organised symposium on Recent Trends in Surgery for continuing medical education for post graduate training.
- Received highest Gold Medal award at the 33rd Annual Meeting of Surgeons in India in December, 1982, for the best article.
- Conservative breast surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy
- All kinds of breast reconstructive surgeries
- Surgical management