Dr. Viney Jetley
Dr. Viney Jetley
Dr. Viney Jetley is an Associate Director of Invasive Cardiology and Electrophysiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi. He has the expertise to carry out all kinds of Invasive Cardiac Procedures, such as Angiography, Stenting Rotablation along with all kinds of device implantation including pacemakers, COMBO devices, Electrophysiology & Radiofrequency Ablation. He has also performed numerous paediatric cardiac catheterizations and paediatric interventions including Balloon Atrial Septostomy, Balloon Dilatation of Stenotic Aortic, Mitral and Pulmonary Valves, Coarctation Dilatation/Stenting, and device closure of ASD/VSD/PDA.
Dr. Jetley has performed more than 10,000 interventional procedures at various hospitals all over India, including all kinds of complex coronary angioplasties, with excellent outcomes.
Dr. Jetley also pioneered the Interventional Electrophysiology programme in the armed forces and is skilled at electrophysiology procedures, including 2D and 3D Electrophysiology and Ablation of both the Supraventricular and Ventricular Tachycardia. He has also performed more than 1000 radiofrequency ablations.
Dr. Jetley has written in numerous publications (national and international) peer reviewed and indexed publications.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Association of Physician of India
- Cardiological Society of India
- Heart Rhythm Society of India
- Professor and Head, Department of Cardiology, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune : April 2010
- Director, Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology Services, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
- Professor and Chief Examiner for DNB Cardiology for both, (Theory and Practical exams)-Chief examiner for DNB Cardiology 2010 at Armed Forces Medical College Pune (2010).
- Examiner and Approver of Diplomate National Board for inspecting hospitals conducting DNB Cardiology Programme.
- Director, Cardiac Cath Lab at Army Hospital Research and Referral, New Delhi (from December 2003-April 2010)
- Attending Cardiologist to the President of India, Her Excellency Mrs. Pratibha Devi Singh Patil :(2008-2010) : 6.5 years
- Examiner for DNB Cardiology, w.e.f. 2007 :
- Associate Professor, Interventional Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune :(July 1999-December 2003).
- Consultant "A" Invasive Cardiology UAE.
Awards and Achievements
- Vishisht Chikitsa Ratan, Delhi Medical Association (2013)
- Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) by the President of India for outstanding contributions to the field of Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology (2009)
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation for outstanding contributions in the field of Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology (2007)
- Vice Chief of Army Staff Commendation for outstanding contributions to the field of Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology (2006)
- Hari Malini Joshi Trust Gold Medal for standing First in MD (Medicine) amongst all candidates, University of Pune (1991)
- Director of the Interventional Cardiology programme of the Armed forces at Army Hospital (Research and Referral), Delhi and Armed Forces Medical College , Pune
- Pioneered the Interventional Electrophysiology programme in the Armed forces
- Performed numerous peripheral Angioplasties Including Carotid and Renal Angioplasties
- Pioneering efforts in initiating Interventional Paediatric Cardiology programme in the Armed Forces