Dr. Praveer Agarwal
Dr. Praveer Agarwal
Dr. Praveer Agarwal, Director Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi is a nationally renowned cardiologist who has contributed extensively to the growth, development and training in the field of Interventional Cardiology in India. He is dedicated to provide compassionate and comprehensive treatment with an aim to serve the community at large.
He is one of the most versatile interventional cardiologists in India providing round the clock services, including timely management of acute heart attack patients by using various thrombectomy devices at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He is an expert in treating all types of blockages in coronary arteries using all techniques (Rotational atherectomy, directional atherectomy, all types of Drug Eluting Stents, intravascular ultrasound, pressure wire) depending upon merits of blockages. He is also an expert in treating blockages in peripheral arteries (Carotids, subclavious, iliacs, renals and superficial femoral arteries) and abdominal aortic aneurysm using endovascular stent grafts.
Dr. Agarwal has been a distinguished faculty member in various international and national meetings and conferences. He has published approximately 100 articles, reviews and abstracts in various national and international journals.
Clinical Interest/ Specialised Treatements/ Area Of Expertise
- Dr. Agarwal is the Director of Intervention Cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi, India. This centre is 320-beded hospital dedicated to cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery with highly active invasive and non-invasive program, emergency and intensive care facility.
- Dr. Agarwal and his team perform on an average 1900 angiographies and 1100 interventions every year (about 1000 coronary angioplasties). Dr. Agarwal routinely performing all types of complex angioplasties including Rotational atherectomy, Directional atherectomy, thrombectomy etc. He is also a proctor for Rotational atherectomy for last 2 years.
- Dr. Agarwal has attended training courses on Intervention Cardiology in some of the leading hospitals of the world including Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia and Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France. He is also among distinguished foreign faculty at the National Heart Foundation Hospital & Research Institute, Bangladesh.
Fellowships and Memberships
- CSI Member (No. L3358)
- Fellow in intervention Cardiology with Dr. Geoffrey D. Cope at Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia (April 98 to March 99).
- Fellow in Intervention Cardiology with Prof. Alain Cribier at Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France (three months) 1996.
- Attended and actively participated in the second seminar in Live Demonstration Course on Interventional Cardiology at Centre Hospitalier Universitaire De Rouen, France (13th October to 25th October) 1996.
- Attended and actively participated in advanced angioplasty course at Shri Jai Deva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore (July 19-21) 1996.
- TCT 2009 (Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics); September 21-25, 2009; San Francisco, CA.
- International Faculty: Complex PCI; Solving Problems
- CVT 2009 (Cardiovascular Therapeutics); August 22nd & 23rd 2009: Delhi, India.
- Course Co- Director
- Moderator: Coronary Interventions future
- 4th Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics (4th AICT); June 25th-27th, 2008: Bangkok, Thailand. Commentator: LIVE DEMO (focus on Peripheral Interventions)
- CCPR 2008 (Coronaries/Carotids/peripherals/Renals); June 13th-15th, 2008: Chania, Crete-Greece.
- Faculty Discussion: The role of Distal Protection Devices (DPD) in PVD Angioplasty Trans-radial angioplasty in PVD Lecturer: CAD in South Asians Clinical Cases Presentation: Multivascular Patients Commentators: Renal Angioplasty and Stenting Lecturer: Bifurcation Stenting-How I manage the situation
- National Cardiology Conference; April 19, 2008: Dhulikhel Lodge Resort, Kathmandu. Lecturer: CAD in South East Asia, a unique playing field
- China Interventional Therapeutics (CIT); March 19-March 23, 2008: Beijing International Convention Centre, Beijing, China.
Faculty Live Interventional Cardiology Workshop 2007 (under the aegis of CSI-Delhi Branch); 30 March 31 March 2007: Army Hospital (R&R), New Delhi, India. Faculty
- GW-ICC (Great Wall International Congress of Cardiology); 02 November 05 November 2006: Beijing, China LIVE Case Operator
- CCT (Complex Catheter Therapeutics); 21 September 24 September 2006: Japan Lecturer: Stenting of Tortous Distal RCA through Venous Graft to Posterior Descending Artery. Lecturer: Renal Artery Perforation.
- APIAC (Asia Pacific Interventional Advances Conference); 30 November - 2 December 2006: Sydney, Australia Lecturer: Approach to Complex Lesion Subsets Calcified Difficult to Dilate Lesions.
- CAD Conference; February 2005 Panelist: Revascularization of CAD in diabetics Panelist: Therapeutic Choices of glycemic control in patients of CAD. Speaker: GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors during Interventions Moderator: Prevention CAD in Diabetes-What is most important? Moderator: Early Diagnosis of atherocslerosis in high risk patients. Moderator: Polypill therapy-a dream or reality? Speaker: GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors in Cath Lab
- Review: Intracoronary Stents: Present and Future. JAMA (India), Annual Conference of the Association of Physicians of India Suppl. January 1998. Seth A, Chandra P, Agarwal P, Roy CP.
- Dissection of Aorta. In "Handbook of Medical Emergencies". Ed by Dr.Ashok Grover. Published by MM Health Care Private Limited, Delhi. Agarwal P, Seth A.
- Acute Pulmonary Edema. In "Handbook of Medical Emergencies". Ed by Dr.Ashok Grover. Published by MM Health Care Private Limited, Delhi. Agarwal P, Seth A.
- Intracoronary Stenting: Hope for the future. Cardiothoracic Journal 1996; 2(10):33-40. Seth A, Agarwal P.
- III PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES Recanalization of a thrombosed previously stenting aortorenal graft using combined directional atherectomy and Angiojet thrombectomy. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis 1999; 46:85-88.
- IV BOOK CHAPTERS
- Intracoronary Stents: Are They Superior To Balloon Angioplasty: In "Medicine Update 1997" Vol VII, Part I, 1997. Ed by Y.P.Munjal, MD. Published by Association of Physicians India. Seth A, Agarwal P.
- Dissection of Aorta. In "Manual of Medical Emergencies". First Ed 1997. Ed by Dr. Ashok Grover, Dr.Vinay Aggarwal, Dr.Rajiv Gupta. Published by MM Health Care Private Limited, India.
- Agarwal P, Seth A.
- Acute Pulmonary Edema. In "Manual of Medical Emergencies". First Ed 1997. Ed by Dr.Ashok Grover, Dr.Vinay Aggarwal, Dr.Rajiv Gupta. Published by MM Health Care Private Limited, India. Agarwal P, Seth A.