DR. PREMANAND S. RAMANI
DR. PREMANAND S. RAMANI
Dr. Ramani is in his 20th year of service in Lilavati Hospital. He has overall 48 years of experience in Neuro-Spinal surgery.
Dr. Ramani has undergone overseas training in:
• Neuro-spinal surgery 4 years at University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England.
• Micro-neuro-surgery at University of Vermont, USA.
• Brief courses in neurosurgery at The University of Lund - Malmo, Sweden
• Brief courses in neurosurgery at The University of Pennsylvenia - USA
• Longer course in Neuro-Spinal-surgery at The Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
• Brief courses in neurosurgery at The University of Pittsburg, USA.
AREA OF INTEREST
• Spinal Surgery
Awards and Achievements
• American Walter Dandy Neurological Society declared Dr.Ramani a legend and cofferred him with Life Time Achievement Award with Walter Dandy medal in Agra on 6th Jan,2018
• University of Chicago, USA conferred Best International Teacher in Neuro-spinal surgery (Paul Bucy Award) - The First Asian to receive it.
• Chairman - World Federation of NeuroSurgical Committee - for 2 terms of 4 years each.
• Conferred Honorary membership by British Association of Spinal Surgery (BASS).
• Lifetime Achievement Award by Neurological Society of India .
• Invited by World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies to deliver the distinguished Plenary lecture in Korea in 2013.
• Honorary membership by
1. Indonesian Neurosurgical Society
2. Bangladesh Neurosurgical Society
3. Eyptian Spinal Society
4. Korean Spinal Society
• Lifetime Achievement Awards by
1. Neuro-Trauma Society of India
2. Neuro-spinal Surgeons Association
3. Maharashtra Chapter of Neurological Society of India
4. Bombay Neurosciences Association
• Have published 3 textbooks on Cervical , Thoracic and Lumbar spine for World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Spine Committee.
• Invited by American Association of Neurological Surgeries along with Congress of Neurological Surgeons to deliver 2 lectures in Orlando, Florida, USA from 16th - 19th March. 2016.
• Has been Neuro-spinal surgeon to The Governor of Maharashtra for 15 years.
• Member Future Health Planning Committee, Govt. of Goa.
• Have developed 1st Authentic bone bank in India in Collaboration with USA.
• Developed Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association Of India ( NSSA) and Journal of Neurosopinal Surgery.
• Founder President Neuro-Trauma society of India.
• Have published 20 Medical Textbooks in Spinal Surgery.