Dr. Ashok Mahashur
Dr. Ashok Mahashur
Chest Disease And Tuberculosis
Dr. Ashok Mahashur is been associated with Hinduja Hospital since 2000.
- 1972- M.B.,B.S., Nagpur University, Nagpur
- 1976- M.D. (Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis), University of Bombay, Bombay
Fellowship and Oration:
- F.R. C.P. Royal College of Physicians & surgeons of Glasgow, UK 2005
- F.I.C.P. – Fellowship of Indian College of Physicians in 2000
- Hon. Lecture on Tuberculosis at NAPCON 2004 FRCP
- FCCP – Fellow of American college of Chest Physician 2007
- FNCCP – fellow of National College of Chest Physicians, 2006
Clinical and Teaching Experience:
- 1973: House Physician in General Medicine, Gokuldas Tejpal Hospital, Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- 1973: Casualty Medical Officer, Gokuldas Tejpal Hospital, Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- 1973-77: Resident Medical Assistant and Registrar, Group of TB Hospitals, Sewri, Mumbai
- 1977: Registrar in General Medicine, Dr. R. N. Cooper Hospital, Vile Parle, Mumbai
- 1977: Lecturer in Respiratory Medicine, Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- 1977-87: Reader in Respiratory Medicine, Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- 1982-00: Honorary Physician, Group of TB Hospitals, Sewri, Mumbai
- 1987-89: Professor and Head Department of Respiratory Medicine, T. N. Medical College and B. Y. L. Nair Chest Hospital, Bombay Central, Mumbai
- 1990-00: Professor and Head, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Parel, Bombay
- 1990-00: Chief, Intensive Respiratory Care Unit, Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- 1990-02: Chief, Environmental Pollution Research Centre (EPR C), Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
Teaching and Academic Experience:
- Involved in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and clinical and laboratory research in respiratory medicine. Guiding postgraduate students in the dissertation on Respiratory Medicine for M.D.
- Post graduate teacher for M.D. (Tuberculosis and Chest Medicine), University of Bombay since 1989.
- Has been external examiner for M.D. examination of Pune, Gujarat, Goa, Nagpur, Kolhapur, Jaipur, Udaipur Universities D.M. respiratory Medicine at PGI, Chandigarh.
- Examiner for Diplomat for National Board (DNB).
- Examiner for Diploma of TB and Chest (DETRD) and Diploma in Industrial Medicine.
- Member of board of studies and faculty, University of Bombay, 1989 – 1991.
- Examiner for Ph. D. in PGI Chandigarh, Osmania University, Hyderabad and Indore University, Indore.
- Member of Board of Studies, Banaras Hindu University.
- Faculty member for Diploma in Environmental Tuberculosis and Respiratory diseases and Diploma in Industrial Medicine of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay.
- Faculty member of Certificate course on Occupational and Industrial diseases conducted by Central Labour Institute & W. H. O. training courses for occupational physicians.
- Member, Scientific Advisory committee of National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahemdabad.
- Faculty member of SNDT University for Environmental Sciences.
- Served as member of FDA’s expert committee to formulate essential drug lists for India and also formulate GCP guidelines for India.
- Fellow of Critical Care and visiting Professor at Norwalk Hospital, Yale University, Connecticut, USA.
- in the Department of Respiratory Medicine, City Hospital Edinburough, UK with Prof. D. C. Flenley and Dr. M. M. F. Sudlow.
- Received special training in fiberoptic bronchoscopy, pulmonary function tests and Sleep Medicine.
Awards and Achievements
- Fellowship of General Education, Manipal University, 1992
- Lupin Gold Medal oration by Andhra Pradesh Tuberculosis Association, 1992
- L&T Oration, 1999