Dr Srinivasan Paramasivam
Dr Srinivasan Paramasivam
Srinivasan Paramasivam, MD is a Neurosurgeon fellowship trained in Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery.
Dr. Paramasivam obtained his medical degree from Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University in India graduating with distinctions in Pharmacology, Microbiology and Surgery. He received his postdoctoral training as a resident in Neurosurgery at the Madras Institute of Neurology during that time he received honors for basic science research. Dr. Paramasivam was elected as a member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom in 2006. He also had fellowship training in Endovascular Neurosurgery at St. Luke’s Roosevelt hospital affiliated with Columbia University College of surgeons and physicians from 2010-2012.
Dr. Paramasivam has extensive international exposure and experience. Following his fellowship training as he has worked as Neuroendovascular surgeon at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital for the two years and since October 2014 as Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York. USA. In the past, he has practiced as a general and cerebrovascular neurosurgeon at Sri Ramachandra University in India.
Dr. Paramasivam is a member of numerous medical organizations including Congress of Neurological surgeons, WFTIN, SNIS and SVIN. He has published variety of peer-reviewed scholarly articles in leading journals like, Journal of Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurointerventional surgery, Interventional Neuroradiology, Neurosurgery review, Child’s nervous system, Journal of Neuroradiology. He has authored and co-authored book chapters on various topics. He also serves as principal and co-investigator for multicenter clinical trials.
He is currently working as a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon and Head of Neuroendovascular surgery at Apollo Hospitals. He continues as Adjunct Assistant Professor at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York. USA.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Editorial Board Member - Journal of Craniomaxillary diseases
- Senior Member - Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- Member - Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology
- Member - World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology
- Member - Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh, United kingdom
- Life Member - Neurological Society of India
- Member - Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Awards and Achievements
- Neurosurgical Review.
- Journal of Neurointerventional surgery.
- British Medical Journal – Case reports.
- Surgical Neurology International.
- Turkish Neurosurgery.
- Journal of Neuroradiology.
- World Journal of Clinical cases.
- Journal of Neurosciences? in Rural Practice
- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
- Journal of Craniomaxillary diseases.
- World Journal of Clinical Case Conference.
- Austin Journal of Cerebrovascular disease and Stroke.
Editorial Board Member:
Research and Publications
- Occlusion of Posterior Fossa Venous sinuses in Vein of Galen Malformations.A. Berenstein, N. Toma, Y. Niimi, S. Paramasivam. Accepted for publication at American Journal of Neuroradiology 2016.
- Endovascular Management of Sigmoid Sinus diverticulum.SrinivasanParamasivam, Sunil Furtado, TomoyashiShigamatsu, Eric Smouha. Accepted in Interventional Neurology.
- Association of a Distal, Intradural-Extracranial PICA Aneurysm with Chiari 1 Malformation