Dr Raghavendra C V
Dr Raghavendra C V
Dr Raghavendra CV graduated from M.S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore. He obtained his Master’s in General Surgery from J.S.S Medical College, Mysore. He was a rank student and was awarded a gold medal from Karnataka Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India. Subsequently, he obtained his Super-specialization in Surgical Gastroenterology from Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata. He completed his Fellowship in Hepatopancreatobiliary and Multi-organ transplantation from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He is now is currently working as a Consultant Hepatopancreatobiliary and Multiorgan transplant Surgeon.
Dr Raghavendra’s area of interests are HPB G.I Oncology, Living donor liver transplantation, Laparoscopic HPB surgery and Pediatric transplantation. He has shown great expertise in surgical management of complex HPB cases, including complex liver and pancreatic tumors, Laparoscopic HPB, optimization of severely sick liver patients with high MELD score, Safe Donor hepatectomy for living donor liver transplantation and Complex Biliary tumours.
He has authored many articles in monographs on HPB surgery and published many peer reviewed journals. He has presented various papers in many of the National and International conferences. He has been an active academician and is an active member of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), IAGES, and Indian chapter of IHPBA. He has also been a visiting fellow in HPB and Liver transplantation to ASAN, Korea and National University of Health, Singapore.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Member, Indian Medical Association, Indian Association Of Surgical Gastroenterology, IHPBA.
- Organized & Participated in Hospital Waste Management, Department of Social & Preventive Medicine, M.S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
- Member, “Cancer Care”, Bangalore and participated in giving Lectures on Prevention of Cancer at Schools & Colleges of Bangalore.
Awards and Achievements
- Best outgoing Post Graduate student and Gold medalist –General surgery, 2006”, from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- Best paper presented by postgraduate trainee in postgraduate award’s section at Karnataka State Conference held at Mysore in 2003.
- National level 1st prize winner of National hernia conference, held at Kolkata in September 2010.