Dr. (Prof) P K Mishra
Dr. (Prof) P K Mishra
Dr. Pramod Kumar Mishra is a senior specialist in GI and HepatobiliarySurgery and G I Oncology. G I Oncology is a branch of medicine which deals with surgical management of Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary (liver, gall bladder, oesophagus, stomach, intestines and pancreas) cancers. He has an illustrious experience of 29 years in govt sector. He completed his MBBS from M.A.M.C. Delhi and then pursued Masters in Surgery from LHMC, Delhi. After Completing his Masters, he practiced as a faculty at some of the most famous and the best hospitals of India, like Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and PG training Institute, G T B Hospital & University College of Medical Sciences and G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi. He did his Ph.D. in the department of G I Surgery and Liver Transplant under Prof. Samiran Nundy, AIIMS, on study leave from Central Health Services from 1994-96. He was also awarded a fellowship to be an observer at prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital at New York, USA, in 2001.
Dr P K Mishra was professor of Surgical Gastroenterology at G B Pant Hospital which is a tertiary referral centre for this speciality. He trained many MCh students who are well established G I surgeons now and are heading many prestigious departments in private as well as the Govt. sector.
He has edited a Text Book of Surgical Gastroenterology which is a book cherished by practitioners and students in this field. He has numerous national and International publications to his credit. He has delivered more than 50 invited lectures and has chaired several sessions in various conferences.
His primary concern as a surgeon is his patient’s satisfaction and he attends to it by spending a little extra time with the patient. He is a diligent surgeon, who focuses on the minutest possible details. He is conscientious, innovative, courageous and demonstrates exceptional insistence in regards to his patients.
Cancer patients need immense emotional support, and extra care, when it comes to facing the psychological stresses. Dr. Mishra is always up for them. He is famous amongst his patients as a ‘patient care giver’. He has a stellar academic background and is competent enough to be a leader in all disciplines. His area of expertise includes all kinds of G I and Hepatobiliary cancer surgeries like Radical resections, Complex Reconstructions, Advanced laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgeries, Abdominal Soft Tissue Sarcomas. Besides cancer surgeries, his expertise includes surgery of benign diseases including surgery for portal hypertension, bile duct injuries, and other advanced abdominal surgeries.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Member IMA.
- Fellow Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of India, IASG.
- National Executive member, Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded ‘Rashtriya Rattan’ and Gold medal by International Study Circle for services in the field of Medicine, July 25, 2006.
- Appointed on the Committee for National Curriculum of MCh Surgical Gastroenterology, Medical Council of India,
- Expert, Selection Board, RPSC, Ajmer, Rajasthan, Assistant Professor Surgical Gastroenterology,
- CME Gastrointestinal Oncology: Lower GI. 19th June 2011. IP Apollo Hospital, Delhi,
- CME Inflammatory Diseases of Pancreas. 29th April, 2007. Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute, New Delhi,