Dr K Sridhar
Dr K Sridhar
Dr K Sridhar is a senior neurosurgeon of Chennai with more than 36 years in the field of neurosurgery. He is recognised as an accomplished and extremely skilled microsurgeon. He has pioneered spine surgery and skull base surgery. Having performed more than a 1000 complex Brain Tumour surgeries his focus is currently on lesions in the Brain Stem and in functionally eloquent areas of the brain.
He has been a teacher for most of his neurosurgical career and is known for his Hands on Microneurosurgery workshops. He has been an associate editor of the Textbook of Neurosurgery and the Editor of the Textbook of Operative Neurosurgery, apart from being on the Editorial Board of many Neurosurgical Journals. He is known for his organisational capabilities and his building of a Neurosciences Team that can provide all round comprehensive care for neuro patients. He believes in the motto : "Together We Can" and is driving the concept of "Integrated Neuro Care" at the Institute of Neurosciences and Spinal Disorders at the Gleneagles Global Hospitals.
Dr. K Sridhar is a Neurosurgeon in Perumbakkam, Chennai and has an experience of 36 years in this field. Dr. K Sridhar practices at Gleneagles Global Hospital in Perumbakkam, Chennai. He completed MBBS from Madras Medical College, Chennai in 1982 and DNB - Neurosurgery from VHS Hospital in 1990.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Life member, Neurological Society of India.
- Life Member, Association of Spinal Surgeons of India.
- Life Member, Skull Base Society of India.
- Active member, Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- International Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons.
- International Member, Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves of the AANS and The CNS.
- Life Member Neuro-oncology Society of India.
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded “Adjunct Professor” by The Tamilnadu Dr M.G.R Medical University in recognition of his Clinical and Academic work