Dr. Haresh Mangalani
Dr. Haresh Mangalani
Dr. Haresh Manglani is Orthopaedic Oncosurgeon at the Fortis Hospitals. He is the pioneer of limb and function preserving surgery in bone tumousr in India. He has designed several custom made prosthesis and has pioneered the development of Custom made Titanium prosthesis. He has also successfully pioneered the use of High Dosage Extracorporeal Irradiation to the cancerous bone and reimplantation in the patient body with full return to function and local disease control. He also specilaises in use of Periosteum ensheathed large segment Fibular strut allografts for reconstruction of tumour defects. He also specializes in use of expandable prosthesis for reconstruction in children and use of brachytherapy for soft tissue sarcomas. He focuses on advanced techniques for limb salvage in cancer affected patients including total bone and joint replacement procedures - hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle, spine tumours instrumentation and hand reconstruction.
Dr. Haresh Manglani is a highly skilled and trusted orthopaedic surgeon who provides contemporary and innovative orthopaedic care utilizing the latest advancements in surgical procedures and state of the art equipment. He focuses on advanced techniques for limb salvage in cancer affected patients, joint replacement procedures – hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle, spine surgery and instrumentation, hand reconstruction, fractures, trauma, complicated fractures, non – unions of operated fractures, pediatric disorders, arthroscopy and congenital anomalies.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Association of Medical Consultants
Awards and Achievements
- Wockhardt Fellowship – Spine Surgery. Bombay Orthopaedic Society, India - 2001
- Louis Odette Family Scholarship. University of Toronto, Canada.1st Recipient - 1999
- ICOE – MTF Fellowship. USA - 1999
- Hargobind Foundation Medical Scholarship. India - 1998
- Lester Lowe Memorial Scholarship. SICOT, Belgium - 1997