Dr. Ashok Sarin
Dr. Ashok Sarin
DR. ASHOK SARIN is Specialist in Kidney Diseases, Dialysis and Transplantation, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
Post MD : Trained at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Nephrology Training after AIIMS proceeded to Northern Ireland U.K. where training was received under Dr. MARY MCGEOWN at the prestigious Belfast City and Royal Victoria Hospital Queens University of Belfast U.K.
Here received World Class Training in treating all types of kidney diseases, hemodialysis, CAPD and Live and Cadaver Kidney Transplantation.
Working at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi w.e.f. 1997 i.e for past 21 yrs as Senior Consultant Nephrology and Coordinator Deptt. of Nephrology i.e. H.O.D. (Head of Department).
PREVENTION OF KIDNEY DISEASE :
Just as we have measures to prevent heart disease, kidney disease can also be prevented.
i) Keep body weight normal and not allow obesity.
ii) Balanced diet, low in salt and sugar and low in saturated fats. Use mustard oil and sunflower oil for cooking.
iii) Regular exercise e.g. brisk walking, aerobics.
iv) No Smoking.
v) Regular medical check ups every 6 months or after one year.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Life member of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Life member and Executive committee member of Delhi Nephrology Society
Awards and Achievements
- Gold medal and certificate of honour for distinction in physiology.
- Gold medal and certificate of honour for obtaining highest marks in obstetrics and gynecology
- Gold medal for best speaker in the annual seminar competition – 1966-67
- Certificate of honour in ophthalmology.