Dr. Asha Kapadia
Dr. Asha Kapadia
- Presently, Head, Department of Medicine at P.D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai since 2004 actively managing all sections of Internal Medicine
- Head Oncology atP.D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre Developed state-of-the-art oncology department from its inception to full fledged cancer care with radiation, surgical oncology and medical oncology sections atP.D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre
- Consultant Medical & Pediatric Oncologist at P.D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre
- Consulting Physician in Oncology / Hematology / Immunology, Mumbai 1980 – Sir H.N. Hospital and Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Mumbai.
- Assistant Attending Pediatric Oncologist, Hematologist, Immunologist, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied diseases, New York, 1978 – 1980.Research, plan, program and develop protocols for cancer and immunodeficiency patients; teaching fellows and Residents
- Research Associate, Sloan-Kettering Cancer Institute, New York, 1978 – 1980.
- Field of Research: Relation of splenectomy, iron load and immunological changes in Thalassemia patients; Ontogeny of Leukocyte migration inhibitory factor etc
- Research Fellow in Immunology, Sloan-Kettering Cancer Institute, New York, 1976–1978.
- Field of Research: Immunoregulatory T lymphocytes in patients with primary immunodeficiency disorders; Herpes simplex infection and complement system; etc
- Fellow in immunology, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied diseases, New York, 1976 – 1978.
- Participant of Bone marrow, fetal liver and thymus transplantation programs; Management of Immunodeficiency diseases
- Fellow in Hematology, New York Hospital, New York 1977.
- Patient care in Thalassemia transfusion, Hemophilia and Pediatric Hematology clinics
- Chief Resident, Senior Resident, Pediatric Oncology, Memorial Hospital for Cancer and Allied diseases, New York, 1974 – 1976
- Fellow in Pediatrics, New York Hospital – Cornell Medical School, New York, 1974 – 1976
- Pediatric Resident, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, 1972 – 1974
- Rotating Internship, The Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk, Connecticut 1971 – 1972
- Pediatric House Surgeon, Rotating Internship, K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai, 1970 – 1971
Fellowships and Memberships
- Indian Hematology Society
- Indian Immunology Society
- Indian Medical & Pediatric Oncology Society
- Mumbai Oncology Society
- International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP)
- Indian Menopause Society
- Kapadia A., Ghavimi F., Rosen G., and Murphy L. Multi-disciplinary therapeutic approach in childhood cancer. Third International Congress of Pediatric Surgeons, Mumbai, February 14, 1976
- Kapadia A., Gupta S., Kapoor N. and Good R.A. Immuno-regulatory T lymphocytes in patients with primay Immunodeficiency Diseases XIVth International Congress of Pediatrics, New Delhi, October 1977. Current Topics in Pediatrics, p. 110
- Pawha R.N., O’Reilly R.J., Broxmeyer H., Smithwick E.M., Pahwa S., Kapadia A. and Good R.A. Partial correction of neutrophil deficiency in Congenital Neutropenia following bone marrow transplantation. Exp. Hemat. 5:45-56, 1977
- Gupta S., Kapadia A., Kapoor N. and Good R.A. Immuno-regulatory T lymphocytes in patients with primary immuno-deficiency disorders. Indian J. Med. Res., 1978 (in press)
- Kapadia A., O’Reilly R.J., Good R.A. and Gupta S. Leukocyte migration inhibitory factor (LMIF) production by human T cell subpopulation. Fed. Proc. 37:1365, 1978