Dr. Gaurav Mehta
Dr. Gaurav Mehta
Dr Gaurav Mehta finished his Internal Medicine (MD) and fellowship in Gastroenterology/Hepatology at Drexel University. He also has a fellowship in Transplant Hepatology from Albert Einstein Medical Centre, Philadelphia and Advance Therapeutic Endoscopic Fellowship from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Harvard Medical School.
Dr Mehta was also an Associate Professor in Clinical Gastroenterology/Hepatology at Ohio University.
Management of end-stage liver disease/cirrhosis, Liver transplant, Fatty liver disease/NASH, ERCP, EUS, Management of GI bleeding, Luminal therapeutic Endoscopy
Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (EGD) – Variceal banding/sclerotherapy, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) , Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) – Diagnostic and therapeutic FNA, Fibroscan, Percutaneous Gastrostomy (PEG), Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy – Diagnostic and therapeutic, Pancreatic pseudocyst drainage, Biliary/Oesophageal/Duodenal metal stent placement.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Drexel University School of Medicine, USA
- Transplant Hepatology
- Albert Einstein Medical Centre, USA
- Advance Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Beth Israel Deconess Medical Centre
- Harvard Medical School, USA
Awards and Achievements
- 2004 Chairman's Award – Most outstanding 1st year resident at Graduate Hospital
- 2006 Program Director's Award – Most outstanding senior resident at Graduate Hospital
- Nominate for the American Liver Foundation/American Association for the study of Liver disease – 2006 Resident Scholar Award
- AASLD – American association for study of liver disease
- ASGE – American society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- ACG – American college of Gastroenterology
- ABIM – American board on Internal Medicine (Diplomat)
- 69th Annual American College of Gastroenterology Meeting 2004
Mehta G, Kundu R, Wolfson M, Koka R, Ahtaridits G
(AJG 2004-Vol 99:10,S 154)Massive upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage as a presentation of mid esophageal diverticulum – a rare case and review
- Digestive Disease Week 2005
Koka R, Mehta G, Araya V, Rothstein K
(Gastroenterology2005-Vol 128: 4,S1536)All Patients with Hepatitis C over the Age of 50 Should Have Screening Colonoscopy Prior to Interferon Therapy
- Society of Hospital Medicine Annual Meeting 2006
Saroha S, Mehta G, Deppert E
(Journal of Hospital Medicine 2006-Vol 1:S2 72)Burkitt's Lymphoma Presenting with Proptosis and Lactic Acidosis in an Older Adult
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2006
Mehta G, Rabi K, Ahtaridis G, Kochman M
(AJG 2006-Vol 101:9,S 117)Pancreatic pseudocyst drainage- Transpapillary or Transmural?
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2007
Levy A, Mehta G, Munoz S, et. al. (AJG 2007-Vol 102 (S2):S391)Chlorzoxazone as the Cause of Fulminant Hepatic Failure
- Digestive Disease Week 2010
Sepe P, Mehta G, Chuttani R, et. al.
(GIE April 2010 – Vol 71, No.5: DDW Abstract Issue M1454)Fatty Pancreas: A New Addition to the Metabolic Syndrome?
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Diagnosis and Treatment (2nd Edition) Clinical features and a Clinician's Diagnostic Approach to Hepatocellular Cancer Gaurav Mehta, MD, David Sass, MD
- Health Maintenance Issues in Cirrhosis Medical Clinics of North America Mehta G, Rothstein KD. Med Clin North Am.2009 Jul;93(4);901-15, viii-ix. Review