Dr. Archana Shetty
Dr. Archana Shetty
Dr Shetty is trained & practised in the UK for over 15 years at the world renowned Royal Hampshire Hospital, Winchester. On her return to India, Dr Shetty has also worked as consultant at Peterborough hospital, UK. Her last stint was as Consultant, Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Narayana Health, Bangalore (2012-2015)
All aspects of benign & malignant breast disease, sentinel node biopsies, breast reconstruction & oncoplastic surgery with implants & flaps, symmetrisation surgery, immediate & delayed.
Implant based reconstruction, Flap based reconstruction, Oncoplastic procedures, Wire & Image localised excisions for small non palpable tumours, Breast conserving surgery, Sentinel node biopsies (including simultaneous intra-operative assessments), Mastectomies, Axillary clearances, Image-guided localisation surgeries, Microdochectomies, Therapeutic mammoplasties, Subpectoral implant reconstructions, Latissimus dorsi flap reconstructions, Nipple reconstructions, Parenchymal flap reconstructions, Lipomodelling, Symmetrisation reductions and mastopexies
Fellowships and Memberships
- Donald Mcneill Oncoplastic fellowship (Association of Breast Surgeons, UK) Visiting Fellowship Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Association of breast surgeons (UK)
- Association of breast surgeons (India)
- British association of endocrine surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Has been invited as faculty for numerous national & international meetings
Awards and Achievements
- 2003-2005: (MD) at University College, London on DNA markers of proliferation & prediction in breast cancer
- Have more than 25 publications/ presentations to her credit
- 2011: Awarded the coveted Donald Mcneill fellowship by Association of breast surgeons, UK
- 2014: Appointed as faculty for the Royal college of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- 2013: Appointed as reviewer for the Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Shetty A, Yiangou C; Intra-operative assessment of sentinel lymph node in breast cancer; Breast Cancer Care; Jan 2011
- Branagan G, Richardson L, Shetty A, Chave HS.; An enhanced recovery programme reduces length of stay after rectal surgery; Int J Colorectal Dis. 2010 Nov;25(11):1359-62
- Shetty A, Stoeber K , Loddo M , Sainsbury R, Williams G; Role of DNA Replication licensing and cell cycle kinetics of normal & neoplastic breast. British Journal Of Cancer ; 2005 Nov 28;93(11):1295-300
- Shetty A, Manimaran N, Reece-Smith H; Direct access Day case hernia surgery- a logical option for reducing waiting time; Ambulatory Surgery;11/1-2; 41-43.
- Shetty A, Manimaran N, Galland R B; Perioperative management of patients on warfarin- a survey of current practice; Critical care journal
- Manimaran N, Shetty A, Jeevaratnam S, Reece-Smith H; Acute Pancreatitis induced by Ramipril- A case report;Gastroenterology Today; 14; No.1; Spring 2004; 23-24.
- Shetty A, Sainsbury R, Loddo M, Stoeber K, Williams G; The DNA Replication licensing system predicts endocrine responsiveness in breast cancer patients; Breast Cancer research and treatment; 88; Suppl 1; Jan 2004;S233-234
- Shetty A, Sainsbury R, Loddo M, Stoeber K, Williams G; DNA replication licensing proteins and breast cancer - a novel class of prognostic markers? Breast Cancer research and treatment; 88; Suppl 1; Jan 2004;S23
- Shetty A, Manimaran N, Reece-Smith H "A comparative audit of waiting times- Routine vs. Direct access for day case hernia surgery"; The Surgeon
- Shetty A, Manimaran N, Reece-Smith H Direct access Day case hernia surgery- a logical option for reducing waiting time'' BJS; June 2003
- Shetty A, Manimaran N, Galland R B; Perioperative management of patients on warfarin- a survey of current practice" BJS. June 2003
- Shetty A, Manimaran N, Reece-Smith H ; Direct access hernia surgery; Abstract book, International hernia congress.
- Shetty A, Harris K; Setting up breast reconstruction services in a DGH: feasible with good oncological safety and patient satisfaction; ORBS Abstract book.
- Shetty A, Smith K, Pain J, Evans A; Cost effectiveness and impact of pre-operative MRI in assessment and surgical treatmet of invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast; EJSO 2011
- Shetty A, Pugh S, Hall V, Raj S, Laws S, Rainsbury R; Experience of delivering intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT) in a district general hospital (DGH) in UK; ABSICON 2013
- Shetty A, Pugh S, Hall V, Raj S, Laws S, Rainsbury R; Experience of delivering intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT) in a district general hospital (DGH) ; EJSO 2013
- Shetty A, Khandelwal R ; Skin sparing mastectomy (SSM) following neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NACT) : A feasible option & novel approach for Indian patients ; ABSICON 2014
- Shetty A, Khandelwal R ;Breast abscesses in the era of community acquired MRSA infections; ABSICON 2014