Dr. Sandeep Guleria
Dr. Sandeep Guleria
Renowned for being the key member of the team that conducted the first two Kidney Pancreas Transplants in India, Dr. Sandeep Guleria is the top notch Kidney Transplant specialists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
He is a as senior consultant surgeon in General Surgery, GI Surgery and transplantation. Dr Guleria emphasises on diet and lifestyle changes as they are important part of treatment for early kidney diseases.
- 1986-1988 Junior Residet, Deptt. Of Surgery All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029
- Prof . Dhawan Dr. Khazanchi 1989 1992 Senior Resident, Deptt of Surgery, India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 11029.
- Dr. Mehta Dr. Khazanchi 1992 Nov. 1992 S.H.O., Urology and Transplantation , Royal Free Hospital, London NW3 Mr.O.N. Fernandoa
- Mr. R.J. Morgan 1992 1993 Clinical And Research Fellow, (Registrar) Academic Unit of Surgery, St. James’s University Hospital Leeds LS9 7TF Mr. J.P.A. Lodge Mr. S.A. Sadek 1994 1997
- Assistant Professor & Consultant Surgeon, Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029 1997 1998
- Senior Fellow, (Senior Registrar) Deptt. Of Organ Transplantation, St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds , U.K. Mr. J.P.A. Lodge
- Mr . S.G.Pollard 1998 2002 Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029 2002 -2003
- Consultant Surgeon Organ Transplantation and Surgery St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds, U.K. 2004 2008
- Additional Professor Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029 2008 till 30th June 2011
- Professor, Department of Surgery India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029 1st July 2011 till date
- Senior Fellow, (Senior Registrar) Deptt. Of Organ Transplantation, St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds , U.K.
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment.
- Kidney transplant surgery
- Vascular access surgery
- Percutaneous Renal Biopsies
- Peritoneal dialysis surgery
Fellowships and Memberships
- Association Of Surgeons Of India (11947)
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Indian Society of Emergency Services Delhi Nephrology Society
- Association of Minimal Invasive surgeons of India
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- India Hernia Society Society of Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI)
- Member: Transplantation Society
- Life Member:Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Indian Society of Emergency Services
- Delhi Nephrology Society
Awards and Achievements
- mt. Rukmani Gopalkrishnan Award for standing FIRST in SURGERY
- Award for standing THIRD in MEDICINE 3. University College Of Medical Sciences, Distinguished Alumni Award 1996
- Awarded the “Luminary Award”by the IMA South Delhi Branch in Delhi In recognition of his “Outstanding contribution rendered to the medical profession and the community” 2007 5.
- Awarded Exemplary Contribution Award by Indian Medical Association 2008 6.
- Awarded the Himachal Gaurav Himalayan Jagriti Manch 2011 7.
- ATLS Accredited Provider 2011 Identified as Instructor Potential 8. Led the team that did the FIRST two Kidney Pancreas Transplants in India
- Invited by the Government of Nepal to set up the Renal Transplant Program at Bir Hospital, Kathmandu Nepal. I trained the surgical team, did the first two Successful renal transplants in the Bir Hospital. The hospital currently runs a successfull transplant program that I mentor.
- Pioneered Cadaveric Renal Transplantation in New Delhi.
- Introduced the “DONOR CARD” in the city of New Delhi
- Set up the Pediatric Transplant Unit at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Set up the Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomyprogram at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences