Dr. A C Anand
Dr. A C Anand
Medical Council Registration
Earlier Designation: (a) President’s Honorary Surgeon, (b) Chief Consultant (Gastroenterology), AFMS as Lieutenant General, (c) Director General Medical Services (Navy) as Surgeon Vice Admiral, (d) Professor and Head of Department (Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Unit, Army Hospital R & R, New Delhi- Experience: Professor of Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology with 30 years experience as clinician, teacher and examiner for MD (Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology as well as Hepatology, and DNB (Gastroenterology) Started new Centres: Established Centre for Hepatobiliary Disease and Liver transplant centre at Army Hsopital R & R, New Delhi and Gastroenterology Centers at Command Hospitals Kolkata and Chandigarh
Fellowships and Memberships
- President, Indian Society of Gastroenterology (2014-15)
- President, Indian Association for the study of Liver, India (2011-13)
- Fellow of Indian College of Physicians, Mumbai
- Fellow of American College of Physicians (USA)
- Fellow of American College of Gastroenterology, Virginia (USA)
- Former Governing Council Member & Life member, Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Mumbai.
- Indian Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, New Delhi.(Life Member)
- Association of Physicians of India, Mumbai.(Life Member).
- Indian Society of Clinical pharmacology and Therapeutics.(Life Member)
Awards and Achievements
- Numerous awards including Vishisth Seva Medal by the President of India, Lt Gen R S Hoon Award, Major General Amir Chand Award, Air Marshal Ajit Nath Award, Dr M B Soparkar Award and Commonwealth Medical Fellowship at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (UK)
- Chief of Naval Staff Award for the best published research paper on ‘Portal System Thrombosis at Extreme Altitudes’ for the year 2005-2006.
- Chief of Naval Staff Award for the best published research paper ‘Prothrombotic state at the high and extreme altitude’ for the year 2002-2003.
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology Award for best published paper in Indian Journal of Gastroenterology for 2001.
- Lt Gen R S Hoon Award for best research paper ‘Hepato-pulmonary syndrome and its implications’ for the year 2000-2001
- Awarded Fellowship of American College of Gastroenterology (2000) for excellence in field of Gastroenterology and research (FACG).
- DGAFMS Award for best paper published in Medical Journal Armed Forces India for the year 1999.
- Major General Amir Chand Award for best research work in the field of medicine on ‘Non-dysenteric Amoebic colitis in India’ for the year 1997-98.
- Award of Commonwealth Medical Fellowship by Ministry of Health and Defence for the year 1994-95.
- Dr M B Soparkar Award: Awarded by the DGAFMS for best research paper on the subject of microbiology ‘Hepatitis C in India’ for the year 1996-97.
- Award of Fellowship of Indian College of Physician (FICP) in recognition of original research done in India and the organisational work done for the Association of Physicians of India (1992).
- Gen A K Deb challenge trophy for being Best officer: Awarded by the Commandant AMC Centre and School, Lucknow, for standing first at the MOSCC 64 during the year 1992.
- Dr M B Soparkar Award: Awarded by the DGAFMS for best research paper on the subject
- Over 270 scientific publications in National and International journals such as The Lancet, American Journal of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. European Journal of Hepatology
- Laparoscopic treatment of cholecystocolic fistula. British Journal of Surgery (1994; 81, 1789-90)