Dr. Gokul Nath
Dr. Gokul Nath
MBBS MD DM DNB FISN FRCP
- Professor of Medicine / Nephrology & HOD, Nephrology, Command Hospital, Air Force, Bangalore.
- Senior Advisor of Medicine & Nephrology at CH (EC) at Kolkata.
- Professor & Head, Department of Nephrology, St. John’s Medical College Hospital (2003-2014)
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
- Peritoneal Dialysis.Renal Transplantation
- Clinical Nephrology-Diabetic nephropathy
- Renal Anaemia
Fellowships and Memberships
- Member: Indian Best Practice Guidelines for CKD 2005.Convener: Updates if Indian Best Practice Guidelines for CKD 2012.
- Core Committee member for Indian Guidelines for Bone Mineral Diseases.
- Core Member: PD working group - Improving PD practices in India.
- Member of Sub- Group formed by FICCI for development of Standard Treatment Guidelines for selective common disease conditions in the country.
- Member: Zonal Coordination Committee of Government of Karnataka for Organ Transplantation (ZCCK).
- Key Opinion Leader Transplantation in India – recognized by The Transplantation Society.
- Member: Expert Committee for framing guidelines for use of Vaptans in Nephrology
Awards and Achievements
- First place in MBBS.SRS Gold Medal.
- Best Scientific Paper Award – Indian Society of Nephrology - 1994
- Commendation by Chief of Air Staff - 1998
- Vishisht Seva Medal – President of India - 2000
- Elected Fellow-Indian Society of Nephrology - 2011
- Best researcher at International Society of Blood Purification Annual Meeting - 2011
- Evaluation of Control of Diabetes Mellitus and Glycosolated Haemoglobin.Nortrypataline poisoning MJAFI 1987.
- Chloroquin resistant falciparum malaria and chemotherapy Chemoprophylaxis in Botswana Botshelo.HIV status and herpes infection in Africans.
- Psychometric evaluation in patients on Haemodialysis Acetate Vs Bicarbonate.Hepatitis ‘C’ – A growing concern in Haemodialysis JAPI, 1998.