Dr. George A Anderson
Dr. George A Anderson
- Adult brachial Plexus: Early Nerve Repair / Nerve grafting / Nerve Transfer
- Birth Palsy: early Nerve Repair/ Nerve grafting
- Reconstruction for Late Adult Brachial Plexus injuries and Birth Palsy in children
- Peripheral Nerve repairs in the Upper limbs and Lower Limbs.
- Wrist Fractures and Dissociations: Scaphoid /Lunate fractures; SL dissociation
- Tendon repairs, Tendon transfers
- Care of Hands Acutely Injured & Hands with Chronic deformities
- Muscle / Joint Reconstruction for old Nerve injuries: Hand, Forearm, Foot and Leg
- Hand Tumours and Swellings: Management by Excision, Reconstruction and /or Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel, Tarsal Tunnel, Thoracic Outlet syndrome Decompression
- De Quervain’s, Trigger Fingers/Thumb release
- Surgery for Children’s hand problems (Paediatric Hand Surgery): Congenital deformities, Cerebral Palsy, swellings and Infections,etc.
Dr. Anderson provides through Apollo Hospitals Bangalore a wide array of skills and competencies for treating all Hand problems and Peripheral Nerve dysfunctions, reflecting the several decades of his specialist experience.
Formerly, he was the lead Clinician and Head of the Hand Research unit (Dr Paul Brand Centre for HLRS- the 1st Hand Surgery centre in India) at CMC Hospital, Vellore.
During the 30 years of continued service there he was a Professor for 18 years He had Trained, Worked and Qualified abroad on vital aspects of Hand problems and Peripheral Nerve dysfunctions.
- Professor Anderson has published on multiple aspects of his specialty in international and national journals besides in Conference proceedings, CME publications etc.
- A representative sample of publications on varied topics is herewith included
- Opponensplasty by the Extensor Indicis and Flexor Digitorum Superficialis Tendon Transfer, J Hand Surg (Br). 1992. 17B: 611-614.
- Cysticercosis of Flexor Digitorum Profundus Muscle Producing Flexion Deformity of the Fingers, J Hand Surg (Br.& Euro Vol.). 1993; 18B:360-362 [With Dr Sushil Chandy]
- Cancer Associated with Leprosy, Ind J Lepr, 1994; 66 :3: 321-33
- Low dose intermittent factor replacement for post-operative haemostasis in Haemophilia. In Haemophilia (Br) 1998. Vol.4:799-801. [With Dr Alok Srivastava,et al) ]
- Arthrodesis of Flail and Partially Flail Wrists: Using Dynamic Compression Plate without Bone Grafting. J Bone Joint Surg (Br). 2000. Vol 82B: 566-570. (With Dr Binu P. Thomas)
- Non-union of Scaphoid Fractures: Treatment by the Fisk-Fernandez Technique. Ind. Jl Orth, 2000. Vol.34: 4: 275-279. ( with Dr Binu P. Thomas)
- Review Article: Peripheral Nerve Injuries: Current Aspects of PNI, Effects of injury and Evaluation. Asian Jl Ortho. & Rheum., 2006. 3 (3) IJCP Publn. (with Dr Binu Thomas, SCR Pallapati).
- Aspects of Current Management - The Surgical management of Deformities of the Hand in Leprosy. J Bone Joint Surg (Br). 2006. Vol 88B: 290-294.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Indian Patients: Use of modified questionnaires for assessment J Hand Surg (Euro) 2009. 34E:5: 671-678. [With Mody GN, Thomas BP, Pallapati SCR, et al).
- Flexor Carpi Ulnaris tendon transfer to the split Brachioradialis tendon to restore supination in paralytic forearms. J Bone Joint Surg. [Br]. 2010; 92-B: 230-4. [with Thomas BP, Pallapati SCR] Child’s Hand in The Developing World., in Schecker LR, Kay SP, Gupta A eds.
- The Growing Hand- Diagnosis and Management of Conditions in the Pediatric Upper Extremity, London, Mosby-Wolfe, 2000, Section 20, Chapter 114, 1097- 1114.
- Ulnar Nerve Palsy. In Green DP, Hotchkiss RN, Pederson WC, Wolfe S. eds Green’s Operative Hand Surgery, 5th Ed. London; Elsevier,2005: Chapter 33, 1167-93